What is it?
Service-Learning connects the concepts in the classroom to service experiences in the community and helps to prepare students for a lifetime of civic engagement and leadership.
… participating in service-learning can benefit in these ways:
- Gain additional human resources needed to achieve organizational goals
- Grow the organization’s volunteer pool: service-learning students will share their experiences with friends and classmates
- Increase public awareness of key issues
- Reach out to youth
- Educate students/youth about community issues; correct any misperceptions
- Help prepare today’s students to be tomorrow’s civic leaders
- Network with colleagues in other organizations and agencies
Additional Information regarding Service-Learning for Community Partners: